Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for an Associate Scientist with Mass Spectrometry – Mechelen,BE
You will be part of a team that will be responsible for the setup and implementation of mass spectrometry based screening in support of our discovery programs.
- You will perform various extraction techniques for biological samples (such as liquid-liquid, solid phase and protein precipitation) and further process them with LC-MS
- You will perform assay and method development on (automated) workstations
- You will implement new advanced mass spectrometry based solutions for omics research.
- You generate, analyse and interpret your experimental results independently
- You provide feedback and updates of your work and results to your line manager and the project teams
- You ensure good documentation of your work in lab notebooks and/or LIMS systems
- Based on analysis of your experimental results, you propose, plan and execute follow-up experiments.
- You operate and maintain the laboratory equipment including the required troubleshooting.
- You strive to highest quality research, you have a critical mind-set towards own and published data
- You follow the literature concerning mass based screening and make proposals based on recent published developments in that field
- You participate and /or present in internal meetings
Who are you
- Master degree with 1-3 yrs experience in mass spectrometry, or Bachelor with 3-5 yrs relevant experience
- Expertise in quantitative LC-MS/MS method development and analysis is required
- Experience with high throughput autosamplers (RapidFire) and programming automated liquid handlers is a plus
- You have affinity for omics technologies and interest in biological pathway analysis
- You have experience in the design of experiments and the analysis of the data
- You have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, ability to adapt activities according to priorities
- Excellent communication in English is a must
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!