Proteomics is the scientific field that studies proteins. While this might sound like a straightforward goal, it actually comprises dozens of techniques that each focuses on another aspect of this extremely complex molecular landscape.
Belgium can proudly present a very rich selection of proteomics platforms, ranging from (core) facilities to service labs and industrial partners. Together they cover a very large part of the proteomics field. Below we summarize these platforms by their name and the university where they reside.
- Analytical Platform of the Fac Pharmacy@ULB
- Center for Medical Biotechnology@VIB-UGent
- Center for Proteomics@UA
- CIRM MaS-Santé platform
- GIGA Proteomics Facility@ULG
- Laboratory of Molecular Bacteriology
- Laboratory of Protein Phosphorylation and Proteomics
- Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics platform@ULB/Erasme
- Proteomic Platform
- Proteomics platform@UHasselt
- Structure and Function of Biological Membranes@ULB
- VIB Proteomics Core@VIB-UGent