- This event has passed.
EMBO Practical Course: Quantitative Proteomics
June 21, 2020 – June 26, 2020
This course will provide both theoretical and practical training in the use of quantitative proteomics approaches. Participants will learn the principles of current methodologies including label-free, SILAC, TMT as well as targeted proteomics, and they will be trained in the use of bioinformatic tools for data analysis.
This course is aimed at researchers who know the basics of proteomics and who want to get a deeper understanding of quantitative methodologies, and at those who are familiar with wet-lab proteomic experimentation but want to gain experience in bioinformatic data interpretation. To enter the course a basic understanding of mass spectrometry-based proteomics is beneficial.
- The principles of proteome quantification by stable isotope labeling (SILAC and TMT), label-free, and targeted proteomics
- Introduction how various types of mass spectrometers can be used for proteome quantification
- Computer training sessions using software tools for the analysis of various quantitative proteomic data types
- Lectures demonstrating the application of quantitative proteomics in biology, clinical research and drug discovery
- Understand the principles and use cases of quantitative proteomic methods
- Ability to design quantitative proteomic experiments, including selection of the most appropriate hardware and software
- Ability to analyse quantitative proteomic data by various software tools